Many narratives blame immigrants for the job loss of U.S. citizens. The reason for this intentional misconception is simple: To deter your U.S. immigration.
Are Immigrants Responsible For The Job Loss Of U.S. Citizens?
If you’re an aspiring American, you may have heard that many U.S. citizens blame immigrants for the economic problems in the country. They fear that hiring immigrants will prevent their fellow U.S. citizens from gaining employment. Hence, giving immigrants less chance at having gainful employment under U.S. natives. Of course, no one is willing to take the fall for this. But with the requirements of Form I-140, this narrative is glaringly obvious.
The U.S. is already one of the countries with the highest number of immigrants in the world. Because of this, there are concerns among political leaders as well as the media that non-US citizens in the country are causing native workers to lose their jobs.
Also, the Trump administration cites job loss as one of the reasons for its hostility towards immigrants. This is an idea that we at The HMA Law Firm see for what it truly is: A cover-up for its anti-immigration stance.
This is a fatal misconception. If you do not see it for what it truly is, you may be forced to forfeit your American dream. But don’t panic! We will help you overcome this hurdle.
Despite all the claims, you don’t have to be weak and scared, like the government wants you to. Steel your resolve and remain unwavering in your quest for prosperity. Why? Besides the fact that these claims are obviously biased, no evidence-based research has proven them to be true.
This then leads us to the question: Are immigrants responsible for the increased job loss of U.S. citizens? The answer is a firm NO!
Why Immigrants Are not responsible for the job loss of U.S. citizens
The activities of immigrants over the years have proven “anti-immigration” narratives wrong. Yes, the narratives that immigrants only come to milk the U.S. dry.
Immigrants come to the United States to seek prosperity for themselves and their families. Ordinarily, everyone has to work hard to attain prosperity. But immigrants have to work even harder to attain prosperity in a foreign land.
They are aware of the fact that they’re in foreign soil, and they don’t expect to be spoon-fed by anyone. And they’re definitely not in the U.S. to steal jobs from hard working Americans! Not to mention how difficult it is to get all the necessary documentation that would allow them to attain gainful employment in the U.S.
Because of these reasons, immigrants indulge in economic activities that not only benefit them but the United States also. So, here’s why immigrants are not responsible for the job loss of U.S. citizens.
There are a ton of reasons why immigrants are not responsible for the job loss of U.S. citizens. These reasons are also why and how the United States benefits from immigrants.
Immigrants contribute to U.S. economic growth
- Immigrants pay billions of dollars in annual taxes and thus, significantly contribute to the public treasury.
- Immigrants involved in entrepreneurship directly create new jobs in the U.S., and occupy vacancies in the labor market. Your presence in the workforce increases human capital and contributes to specialization. Hence, creating job opportunities and curbing the job loss of U.S. citizens, and other immigrants.
- A study spanning 100 years conducted by Ohio University showed that a higher number of foreigners in the U.S. corresponded with a lower rate of unemployment. Immigrants are more likely to be productive and beneficial to the growth of the economy. Why not? Being a liability to the U.S. will only land them in removal proceedings.
- An immigrant usually chooses to stay and work in places where there are job opportunities. Thus, as an immigrant, you will rarely be taking a job that should have gone to a native worker. Instead, you will be complementing the natives, working jobs that they neglect, or are not capable of doing. This is especially true when your employer files an employment-based Visa for you (Form I-140, petition for alien workers).
- As an immigrant, you will not be depriving native workers of jobs meant for them. Rather, together with other migrants, your presence will serve as a catalyst for job creation. Furthermore, through competition, your presence will make native workers upgrade their skills and gain competence.
File your Immigration Applications Now!
We cannot stress this enough: You are not responsible for the job loss of U.S. citizens!
Don’t feel guilty for something you’re not responsible for! Anti-immigration activists want to guilt trip you into giving up your American dream. They also want you to be downcast, with thoughts of facing harsh living conditions if you immigrate to the U.S.
The truth is that it’s all just a bluff. Don’t let it get to you! Proceed with your immigration petition, and live the prosperous life you want in the U.S.
You need to file what you can, when you can, while you still can. There may be no hurdle in immigration too difficult to cross for now. But who knows what schemes the Trump administration will come up with in the future.
So, contact us today at The HMA Law Firm! Let all your fears dissolve in consultation with our attorneys!